Please don’t forget to also benefit your mind when thinking about your diet!
Add these to your food shopping list:
Avocados - help prevent blood clots in the brain as well as improve cognitive function, memory and concentration. Other benefits include keeping blood sugar levels steady and your skin glowing.
Beets - reduce inflammation, are high in cancer-protecting antioxidants and help rid your blood of toxins. They help your mental performance by boosting blood flow to the brain.
Blueberries - protect your brain from degeneration and stress.
Broccoli - will help keep your memory sharp thanks to its high levels of vitamin K and choline.
Coconut oil - helps with memory loss!
Walnuts - improve your cognitive health. They also improve your mental alertness.
Do let me know if you want more information on this subject!
All this summer talk about our bodies has gotten me thinking about brain health!
Not much attention given to that, sadly!
This is not the usual topic... I'm aware...
But we all know that the we all need coaching especially when we are in the dark side!
You're in pain? Suffering? Wanting to quit?
Learn from Amelia Boone:
1. Take the next step! Focus on the next single step. Divide in mini-little tasks.
2. Trust yourself! Think 'I know what I'm doing!'
3. Run your own race!
4. Love the entire process. If the results follow, great! If not... remember how much you enjoyed the run.
5. Step back and take a look at yourself. Gain perspective.
6. "It isn't the end of the world!"
7. Don't sit and expect things. Be self sufficient and take care of yourself.
SO GET UP! FORGET THE PAST! GO OUTSIDE AND HAVE A BLAST!!
Observe with a keen eye and find out where you should dig for your won gold!!
And once you find your idea...
1. Be very careful who your partners are.
2. Make sure you have a team that understands your vision and believes in it.
3. Don't give up!
Thank you for the advice, Tamara! You were the inspiration for today!
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.