You can make it through this first dramatic days.
Do you need a few tips to survive and smile at the end of the day?
1. Review your calendar
Chances are you have forgotten about your weekly. Before ‘drowning in emails’ take a look at your calendar, see what you have scheduled and order your priorities.
2. Don’t read your emails in chronological order.
3. Do one thing at a time. And Breathe!
4. Remove unnecessary distractions. Yes, put your phone away!
5. Cut yourself a few breaks. Coffee break, phone call, quick chat… assume it is in fact the silly season.
6. Leave the office on time. Make plans to enjoy yourself.
Be disciplined! Don’t wait until your next vacation to enjoy yourself: Spend time with family and friends and have fun!
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.