I've been struggling with my schedule and finding no time to exercise...
I know I talk a lot about finding the time for what is a priority, taking care of your body and all that but the fact is that in May schools seem to flood all the time left in a mother's week... Also in May we celebrate a lot of birthdays in my family :)
I've been trying to focus on kids after work, lunch time seems to disappear with little but necessary tasks that I need to do, waking up early to work out the abs was not happening anymore...
But today I found the courage to restart in a new model: jumping rope!
It felt great!
15 minutes outside when the morning is still fresh (in Lisbon in this time of the year days become very warm very quickly!).
I'll try to stick with this routine 3 days per week!
Benefits seem promising:
1. Jumping rope burns more calories than jogging and even running, plus cycling and other such forms of exercise!
2. Jumping rope is a fantastic form of cardiovascular exercise - it works out your lungs too.
3. Jumping rope improves your coordination, makes you quicker and helps you balance better.
4. Jumping rope is great help for eliminating toxins from your skin and from your body.
5. Jumping rope can help improve your cognitive function (it involves learning new motor patterns improving the nervous system communication between your brain, wrists and lower leg muscles).
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.