It worked with me! :)
I decided to run the mini marathon (sorry... it is only 8.5 km) in Lisbon. It may not sound as such a big thing but it is for me! I don't like running. That's a fact! I decided to go because I wanted to run over the Vasco da Gama Bridge.
As I said: I don't like running. Adding to that I only managed to practice 3 times and could only run 4.6 Km max.
How did I do that?
I tried some new tricks (I guess that's OK if I had nothing to loose ;) ):
- no music (I acually got that music didn't let me concentrate in my run! It's quite sad because I love listening to music);
- no apps telling me how much I had already run and what I still needed to run to finish;
- I only looked twice at my watch;
- I KEPT GOING AND THINKING I WILL NOT STOP;
- I asked my brother (a very fast marathon runner) for advice and he told me to run with my heart. That actually helped me to breathe better, have better posture and be more confortable running with my chest out. Almost like a yoga class Ha ha;
- I tried to think about people who love running ('fake it till you make it!') and about people who would love to run but are sick and cannot anymore... I guess this is also part of Running with my heart!
The end result? 56:35
Do you want to run in Lisbon??? GO FOR IT!
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.