• TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF •
Have a great time!
Be sweet on the inside
never let go
Hello from home!
I've been away lately just because at work I couldn't access the blog's editor website but then I was sent home... The next day the kids were sent home and then the next my husband also stayed. Voluntary quarantine! COVID 19!
And now... among 1000 things I have to do each day I want to add one that I WANT to do: to get back to writing.
How are we surviving? 5 people I a flat, home schooling, cleaning chores, home office... not easy but possible ;) It is a challenge but we can't complain! ;) We are OK and we are together!
But here are a few simple things that I think maybe can be useful if you're also staying at home!
1. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Think 'only one more day'! And then the next day get back to the same thought
2. CELEBRATE SMALL CONQUERS. Even if the house is not shining feel good about cooking a very good meal! Be realistic! Even if you can't help the 2nd and 5th graders to study throughout the whole school program for the day feel proud about 2 classes done in the morning.
3. GET THE KIDS TO HELP. They love it. The oldest one is now in charge of the afternoon snack and I get 30 minutes of work and the kitchen shining!
4. PRAY. Propose a daily routine and fit in a time for the family to be together and pray. Watch everyone become more hopeful, happy, grateful, united. God is listening! :)
5. 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE! In house, with the kids. Whatever is possible. It's always fun and will give you energy and lift your mood.
6. Put your phone away when you think all the negative news are putting even more weight on your shoulders. 'Each day has enough trouble of its own!' Don't anticipate future problems. Focus on the positive news.
7. CONNECT. SING. LAUGH!
ALL WILL BE WELL!! :)
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.