You know I prefer to say YES... But after this very intensive month it was very necessary to learn to say NO.
It really depends on your personality, your own reasons and even your mood ;)
Here are some ideas:
1. “Thank you for asking, but that isn’t going to work out for me.”
2. “Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support! I’m sorry I’m not able to help you at this time.”
3. “Thanks, I’ll have to pass on that.”
4. “I just don’t have time right now. Let me recommend someone who may be able to help you.”
5. “Let me think about it, and I’ll get back to you.”
None of these suit your personal style? Find more here!
My name is T. S. Coelho and I live in Lisbon, Portugal, with my husband and three kids. I work in the asset management industry, managing an equities fund.